Upcoming FREE Professional Development Programs for Teachers
- Classics Professional Development Program, November 4th, 2017
- CLA-Arthur Vining Davis Foundations History Workshop…American Migrations, November 11th, 2017
University of Virginia
Center for the Liberal Arts
Providing quality content-enrichment programs for K-12 teachers since 1984, the University of Virginia Center for the Liberal Arts is associated with recent, current, or upcoming offerings in a wide array of disciplines, including Art and Architecture, Classics, English, French, German, History, Mathematics, Politics, and Spanish.
The University of Virginia Center for the Liberal Arts invites you to explore our website to learn about and enroll in future programs and to consult our resources for teachers. And please feel free to contact us at any time with requests for programs, or for more information about the Center.
News & Announcements
- CLA-Arthur Vining Davis Foundations History Workshop…American Migrations – November 11th, 2017.
- The Center for the Liberal Arts is delighted to congratulate Gustavo Pellon, our Project Director for Foreign Languages, on his promotion to full Professor
- CLA has busy summer of programs in 2017
- Natsuko Rohde joins CLA as Interim Associate Director
- CLA begins AVDF-funded work at other universities with programs at UNH and Howard
- Center for the Liberal Arts receives third grant from Arthur Vining Davis Foundations
- MORE NEWS
Dr. Julian Bond on
“Making Civil Rights Matter”
The Center for the Liberal Arts remembers with gratitude and admiration the extraordinary life and work of Julian Bond. Bond did us the great honor of recording “Making Civil Rights Matter” for one of our workshops on teaching about the American movement for civil rights, remarks as important now as ever.