University of Virginia home page
UREG: University Registrar, skip navigation menu.

Credentialing Services

The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) is the official provider of enrollment and degree certifications, and loan deferments for the University of Virginia.

We strongly encourage all seeking certifications to take advantage of the speed and convenience of the National Student Clearinghouse online services. Requests received in our office will take five to seven business days to process!

Current Students

Enrollment Certifications from NSC are considered official documentation of enrollment. They may be used for insurance companies, employers, scholarships, or any other agencies/services that require proof of enrollment at the University of Virginia. Receive your current and/or past enrollment or anticipated date of graduation information from NSC at any time. There is no charge for this service!
  1. Log in to the National Student Clearinghouse (Required NetBadge)
  2. Select ?current enrollment? or ?all enrollment?
  3. Select ?Obtain an enrollment certificate?

If you need credit hours or GPA on your certification, request the certification in the form of a transcript.

Enrollment Reporting

In School Loan Deferments

Students who qualify for in-school deferment are automatically reported to participating lenders upon the completion of final registration. All deferral requests are completed by National Student Clearinghouse within 48 hours.

Participating Lenders

Non-Participating Lenders

If your lender does not participate with the National Student Clearinghouse please mail, fax or bring your loan deferment form to:

Mailing Address
UREG (Office of the University Registrar)
P.O. Box 400203
Charlottesville, VA 22904-4203
Office Location
Carruthers Hall, South Entrance
1001 N Emmet St
Charlottesville, VA 22903-4833
Fax: (434) 924-4156

If you have any further questions, please contact UREG at (434) 924-4122 or [email protected].

Current Students/Club Sport Certification Process

If you are a club sport seeking current enrollment certification for your members, please follow these guidelines:

  1. Obtain the certification form from the national governing body overseeing the sport;
  2. This form should be taken to UREG (Office of the University Registrar) in Carruthers Hall;
  3. Forms should contain:
    • First and last names ? typed (no nicknames or use of middle names);
    • 9-digit University ID numbers;
    • Note: If the form does not contain complete names and/or University IDs, it will not be accepted.
  4. If the form requests FERPA protected information, UREG requires the signatures of all listed students in order to release the information.
  5. On the form, the academic information must be left blank for UREG to complete. If the requested information is filled out, the form will not be accepted.
  6. UREG will contact the club sport representative once the form has been completed. This process takes 3-5 business days.


Alumni can request degree and enrollment verifications in the form of a transcript.

Employers and Educational Institutions

The National Student Clearinghouse is the official provider of degree and enrollment verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse may be accessed at or by calling (703) 742-4200. If the degree or enrollment verification requires credit hours or GPA, you will need to request the certification in the form of a transcript.

For verification of training in Graduate Medical Education (Residents and Fellows), please contact the GME Office at:

GME Office
P.O. Box 800136
Charlottesville VA 22908-0291
(434) 243-6297

Diploma Copies

If you need a copy of your diploma for certification purposes, take your original diploma to a copy center and have an 8.5" x 11" photocopy made. Mail the copy to UREG. We will certify and notarize it as being a true copy of the original. (If you do not have the original, diploma copies cost $50 and require 8-10 weeks to prepare.)

We recommend that you first verify that some other document won't serve the purpose. Usually, companies or government agencies are looking for official proof of graduation, and only in rare cases involving foreign governments is a copy of the actual diploma needed. A certification or transcript can be obtained at NO cost and in less time.

Back to Top
<ins id="xwvrCBQ"></ins>
<cite id="xwvrCBQ"></cite>
<cite id="xwvrCBQ"></cite>
<cite id="xwvrCBQ"><video id="xwvrCBQ"></video></cite>
<menuitem id="xwvrCBQ"></menuitem>
<cite id="xwvrCBQ"></cite>
<ins id="xwvrCBQ"><video id="xwvrCBQ"></video></ins><menuitem id="xwvrCBQ"></menuitem>
<cite id="xwvrCBQ"></cite>
<menuitem id="xwvrCBQ"><video id="xwvrCBQ"><listing id="xwvrCBQ"></listing></video></menuitem>
<video id="xwvrCBQ"><dl id="xwvrCBQ"></dl></video>
<video id="xwvrCBQ"></video>
<var id="xwvrCBQ"></var>
<ins id="xwvrCBQ"></ins>
<cite id="xwvrCBQ"></cite>
<cite id="xwvrCBQ"><video id="xwvrCBQ"></video></cite><cite id="xwvrCBQ"><span id="xwvrCBQ"></span></cite>
<ins id="xwvrCBQ"></ins>
<ins id="xwvrCBQ"><span id="xwvrCBQ"></span></ins>
<ins id="xwvrCBQ"><span id="xwvrCBQ"></span></ins>
<ins id="xwvrCBQ"></ins><ins id="xwvrCBQ"><span id="xwvrCBQ"><cite id="xwvrCBQ"></cite></span></ins>
<var id="xwvrCBQ"><video id="xwvrCBQ"></video></var><var id="xwvrCBQ"><video id="xwvrCBQ"></video></var>
  • 477551357 2018-04-21
  • 5917771356 2018-04-21
  • 1795351355 2018-04-21
  • 8607211354 2018-04-21
  • 2959271353 2018-04-21
  • 5288491352 2018-04-21
  • 7443611351 2018-04-20
  • 3731371350 2018-04-20
  • 5726431349 2018-04-20
  • 432941348 2018-04-20
  • 2724941347 2018-04-20
  • 5604101346 2018-04-20
  • 6527851345 2018-04-20
  • 3278591344 2018-04-20
  • 3472561343 2018-04-19
  • 5089441342 2018-04-19
  • 287521341 2018-04-19
  • 6924751340 2018-04-19
  • 3666681339 2018-04-19
  • 2663511338 2018-04-19